Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A good day at CFO

"Lynne"
Today's WOD on the Crossfit National site was 5 Rounds of max number of reps:
- bench press @ bodywieght*
-pull ups
With 3 minutes of rest between rounds

This workout wasn't timed, instead your score was the total number of reps at the end of the 5 Rounds.

*Since, I am far from being able to bench my body wieght, I worked at a wieght that was about 90% of my max: 77#

My final score= 86
Breakdown:
5/10, 7/16PR, 6/13, 6/10, 6/7

Unfortunately, I can't remember the last time I did this workout so I can't compare this score to my previous one. However, I can say that I would never have been able to bench press this weight for this many reps. just a few months ago. It felt great to workout with a heavier load and actually get the weight up!!! Today was the first time since I started doing my 5x5 strength workouts that I truly noticed a difference in my performance. I am super excited to see that I am slowly but surely making strength gains.
As if that wasn't enough excitement for today, I also got a PR in kipping pull ups. Hooray, they are finally coming together!


No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston