Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Healthy Halloween!


It being Halloween and all, I thought I would share a few words on food. No, not candy.

I started eating in the Zone on July 11th of this year and it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. If you are unfamiliar with the Zone diet, I suggest you get with the program sister! Read Enter the Zone by Barry Sears to get started. In a few words, Dr. Sears suggests that eating in the zone (40% carbohydrates/30% protein/30% fat), will produce a healthy and balanced hormonal response to food and effectively ward off many of the diseases and ailments that plague our bodies. It is much more complex than this, I strongly recommend you read the book.

For me and others striving to attain optimal health, good nutritious food is key.
In fact, it was only when I introduced more low GI fruits and vegetables in Zone proportioned meals into my diet that I was able to make tremendous gains in my Crossfit training. In the last few months, I've been able to loose fat, while continuing to make steady progress on all of my lifts and shaved minutes off my WOD time's. Although it can be a bit time consuming, the results are definitely worth it!

3 comments:

MBL100 said...

Nice Going, now get some posts in this thang!

Jay said...

mmm...burgers

TbonMisfit said...

Hi Connie!

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston