Friday, October 19, 2007

Here I go......

After three days of writing, saving and rewriting this post, I'm finally gonna publish it!!!
The purpose of this blog is to serve as means by which I can effectively record all aspects of my training. I welcome and encourage any comments/thoughts you'd like to offer and hope to gain some new insight from fellow crossfitters, zoners, and anyone that may share a similar interest.

7:30 am
Nonfat Greek yogurt
1 kiwi
3 Macadamia nuts
=2 Blocks



10:30 am
3 ounces of Ground Buffalo meat
1 1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 slice of Lifestyles bread (low GI)
=2 Blocks

1:30 pm
2/3 Raw Food Bar-Protien Bar
=2 Blocks

I am completely hooked on this protein bar!
I know, I know, energy/protien bars get such a bad rap, but as a woman on the go, I have to have a back up plan. As a self proclaimed bar junky, I've tried many and I must say this one has them beat! Although its not comparable to eating a real meal, its carbohydrate to protein ratio are right on. Not to mention raw and organic. And..... it tastes grrrreat!

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: one bar (68g)


Amount/serving % DV*
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated fat 1.6g 8%
Total Carbohydrate 33g 11%
Total Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
Trans Fatty Acids 0g
Sugars 22g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Protein 22g
Sodium 5mg 1%
Calories 330
Fat Calories 117

Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 11% • Iron 11%

80% Raw
22g Organic Protein
9g Dietary Fiber
Alkaline Forming
No Soy, No Whey
Non-GMO
No Trans Fats
No Refined Sugars
No Dairy
2000 mg. Phytonutrient Rich Organic BioSproutsTM
***Although this bar appears to be pretty safe, it may have a high glycemic index, which is precisely why I would only recommend it as a last resort meal.

3:30 pm
Crossfit Workout (wod:rest day)
-Back Squat 5x5
45/75/85/90x3/100x2/110 (3 work sets of 5 reps.)


5:15 pm
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 cup of broccoli
1.5 cup Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup strawberries
1 tbs natural peanut butter
=2 Blocks

8:15
3/4 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
1/3 cup Almond meal, flax meal (mixed)
162 grams frozen berry medley
=3 Blocks


=11 total Zone Blocks eaten today....mmm....





No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston