Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More on BioSig


Alright so it’s been almost 4 weeks since the BioSig seminar and I've been busy testing out the insulin protocol. After I returned I was pretty optimistic and eager to try something new. I guess you can say I get bored pretty quickly and have fun experimenting on myself. The BioSig stuff isn't way out there, but it does require a fair bit of discipline and patience.

To be honest, adjusting to the new diet & exercise regimen hasn’t been too difficult. The hardest part is making time to cook. In the last month I've switched from a pretty zoney 10 blocks to a high protein diet (20 blocks protein) with loads of low glycemic vegetables and fat. As Poliquin would say, carbs are not my friend, so I am keeping my consumption of sugary/starchy carbs pretty low. At first I found myself craving sweets and experiencing some minor carb withdrawals but after the first week I felt pretty damn good. Those of us, who don’t typically do well on lots of sugars, tend to crave sweets and have a hard time living without them. Cutting out carbs cold turkey can be really hard so I suggest weaning yourself off them gradually. Once I got off of them completely I found that my cravings disappeared and I felt much more energetic and clear headed. Eating this way will help to teach my body to become more sensitive or receptive, to carbohydrates and insulin.

In addition to the diet stuff, I’ve begun supplementing with lots of fish oil (1 tablespoon/day), fenugreek, taurine, HCL and other vitamins. While I haven’t really noticed any major changes in my body composition, my sleep has improved tremendously. I’ve also found that my energy and mood is much more balanced throughout the day.

Today’s meals:
9am
“Breakfast burrito” - 4 eggs, spinach, and broccoli rolled up in a Nori sheet (see photo).
1 tablespoon raw coconut butter
12pm
3oz Turkey breast
¼ Avocado
1 cup sautéed eggplant and zucchini

Hours slept last nite: 9

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston