Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1st wod: failure, kinda


Yesterday I attempted to workout in the "weight room" at the place I'm staying at...bad idea.

I was starting my first set of sprints and all of a sudden the belt on the tredmill tore! It simply ripped right down the middle and then made a horrible screeching noise before the whole machine just locked up and died. I then proceeded to quickly and quietly exit the room.

Today I will check out a local gym that may better accommodate my training style. I am not sure which crossfit workout I will do, it will likely be one that involves dumbbells. I'll have to get creative again.
Yesterday's wod 50 Burpees for time : approx. 5 min.

Food consumed today:
***For the record, I do eat dinner! The meals posted on this blog are those eaten prior to publishing the post. Who doesn't eat dinner, geez?

7:45am
1/2 cup low fat Cottage Cheese w/ peanut butter and strawberries

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

> I then proceeded to quickly and quietly exit the room.

Good choice. I wish you better luck in a real gym. You could always use your time in AZ to do Rippetoe-style workouts in case they don't have the facilities to accomplish the WODs.

Anonymous said...

hi connie. man, you musta had a pretty good head of steam going to bust the treadmill. you are a beast!

did fran with the 9 am bunch this morning, ably coached by this guy named mike. i dropped down in weight from 75 to 65 the last 3 times because i felt i wasn't getting anywhere. today i lopped off 3 minutes to 8:24. first time under 10 minutes. woo-hooooooo! audra and journey both did the workout with 75, and tamara's gonna do it with all of her firefighting stuff at 4:00. come back soon. we miss ya!

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston