Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update


Alright here's a quickie update of my week in Arizona:

Work
Work is moving pretty steadily and although it is really neat to be on a site, I must admit that getting back into field work has been pretty rough for me. A typical work day on this site involves shoveling dirt and gravel into 5gal. buckets that are then dumped into mesh screens where the dirt is sifted for artifacts. As you can image, this process is physically demanding and requires some serious stamina-thank god for CF! The worst part is the heat. I am slowly starting to get into it though and feel thankful for that.

WODs
Tuesday 5/6: Row 5K
Wednesday 5/7: Rest day
Thursday 5/8: CF Southwest 40 Snatches for time w/ partner
Friday 5/9: CF Southwest How many front squat in 10min? =86 @ #65
Saturday 5/10: GloboGym Fran = 11min.
Sunday 5/11: GloboGym BenchPress 5x5 @ #90, Deadlift 5x5 @ #175(only got 3/5), Weighted Pullups 5x3 @ #15
**I will share my experience at both of these gyms in further detail in a future post.

Diet
Aside from my weekend carb-loading, my diet has remained fairly green! I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat greens while in the field, but it really hasn't been an issue. Here is a list of some of my daily food items:
Hard boiled eggs
Cheese
Tuna (of course)
Salmon, canned
Cherry Tomatoes
Celery
Strawberries
Carrots
Pumpkin Seeds
Avocado
Peanut Butter (of course)
Salami
Bell peppers
Broccoli
Spinach

Today's Wod: GloboGym "Fight Gone Worse"= TBD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds good, connie. look forward to hearing more about CF southwest. keep on shovelin', but come home soon.

joe p

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston