Sunday, June 15, 2008

A happy Father's Day, indeed!



I am happy to announce that my dad's attempt to lose 10 pounds, per his doctor's request, was a success!

High blood pressure and steady weight gain prompted his doctor's recent concern over my dad's health. Although Dr. Cowin didn't provide him with specific instructions on how he should go about loosing the weight, my dad took it upon himself to GET IT DONE! And he did.

Naturally, I quickly stepped in to offer up 257 different ways he could take on this 10 pound beast! He simply nodded his head and did it his own way, quietly. 7 weeks later my dad has successfully lost the weight and is feeling great! He looks amazing and must say I was shocked and thrilled when I saw him on Father's day. He said he didn't modify his diet necessarily, instead he just focused on the quantity of food consumed at every meal, "I decided I didn't have to feel stuffed every time I ate".

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston