Monday, September 8, 2008

Aye que Linda!


Over the weekend I did Linda aka "the 3 bars of death" and my all time favorite girl named workout. She really rocks my world! And although I am still not able to do all of the lifts at the prescribed wieght, I am working my way there- one pound at a time.

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight {172.5 lbs.}
Bench press: body weight {115 lbs.}
Clean: 3/4 body weight {86 lbs.} Rx'd


These are the weights I used:

Deadlift: 161 lbs.

Bench press: 95 lbs.

Cleans: Rx'd

Time: 54:45

3/26/08 was the last time I did this workout finishing in just over 70 minutes. Since then, I've knock off 16minutes from my previous time, but more importantly, I’ve increased my lifts by 31 pounds while still going faster.

Here were my weights 6 months ago:
Deadlift 143
Bench press 85
Clean 83 (rx'd)

I attribute this new PR to 6 months of pretty consistant Rippetoe style training, regularly following CF wods and the big one--my diet. In particular, I have been playing with the timing & macronutrient content of my meals, paying especially close attention to the PWO meal. Finally, I want to emphasize the importance of both of these components--you truly can't have one without the other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so smart! And fast & strong! Maybe I need to follow the Rippetoe method... xoxo Sierra

Mike Minium said...

Awesome improvements, cita!

It's great to witness these changes taking place with you.

Ev said...

Good work, Connie. You've come a long way from Jim's classes back in the day. Not that I was there but I met you soon after.
Your hard work has really paid off.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston