Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Recap


I have totally been neglecting my blog and apologize for my recent inactivity. Over the last few days, I’ve written about 27 incomplete posts so here’s a quick recap of my weekend training and recovery meals.

Saturday: Fight Gone Bad Fundraiser at CFO
Total score= 229 (pr)

I wasn't feeling so hot before the workout so I decided that I would just "get through the workout". Interestingly, my no-pressure attitude allowed me to stay relaxed and clear headed during this whirlwind wod. Immediately following this workout, I sat down to study and could hardly keep my eyes open. I figured that a workout would do just the trick to wake me up!

4 Rounds for time:
Run 400M
50 Squats
=13:18 (a minute slower than my last time)


Post Workout meal (35min):
BBQ Ribs (E&J's)
1 Sweet Potato
Cabbage Salad
Corn bread
= 3P/6C/2F (fatty protein source, no added fat)


Sunday
Push Jerks 5-5-5-5-5

65-75-85-95(2 press out)-90

Post Workout Meal (45min):
Egg Frittata w/ artichokes and tomatoes
Sausage
Fruit Salad
Coffee w/ cream
= 3P/2C/6F
Because heavy lifting is not particularly glycogen depleting, there is no need to carb up for this post workout meal.

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston