Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pity Party for One.


This was me during my workout this morning.


"Chief"

How many round in 3 minutes:
3 Power cleans (85#)
6 Pushups
9 Squats

Followed by 1 minute rest

Repeat for 5 Rounds

> 3/3/1/2/2

Doesn't look so bad right? Well it was! Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, or the fact that it was 6am, or the cheat meal I had last nite, or this cold I am fighting off, or fatigue from doing Michael. In any case, I can't make excuses for my performance today. I just wasn't feeling it. I stopped with 30 seconds to go in almost all of the rounds. Then with Dawn's encouragement I tried to go for 4 rounds in Round 2 but was just shy of completing my squats and then could only get one round in on Round 3. For Rounds 4 and 5 I just took it easy and tried to not lose my form on the cleans. When I missed my cleans I said a few in appropriate words and then sat on the floor and pouted. Pathetic.

I will try this workout again another day.

5 comments:

Laurent said...

lol.

Mike Minium said...

Don't sweat it, 'cita.

At least you got in all the workouts during the throwdown, which is more than I can say for myself.

Anonymous said...

more than i can say for myself, as well. i'm sorry you weren't feeling that workout. cute picture, though. i think it's a tough one to do on your own or with a few people. xoxo sierra

Ev said...

I feel you. I tried it w/ 95# the other day. I did one round and threw a tantrum (and quit). I should try it scaled back. It was ugly. My HPCs need work!

Ev said...

I'm totally with you. I tried it w/ rx weight the other day. After one round I threw the barbell down and quit. I should try it scaled back. HPCs are tricky. It's not an easy skill.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston