Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Belching, gum-chewing and other sexy habits.


While playing a silly game called "The Book of Questions" my sisters kindly pointed out that I burp too loud and too often. How dare they, right? I mean everybody burps, even babies, it is a natural bodily function. Okay, maybe it's not the most pleasant sound, but what can a girl do? According to our friends at wiki, all I need to do is slow my roll! Sounds simple enough, but its rather challenging for someone who really enjoys to eat!

Belching is typically caused by eating or drinking too fast, and thereby swallowing (aerophagia) and subsequently expelling air, in which the expelled gas is a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen.

To make matters worse, I am a habitual gum chewer, putting away about 3/4 of a pack of Trident gum a day! The excess air swallowed from chewing gum coupled with my rapid eating habits gives way to a whole lot of belching....look out! It no wonder I look almost 5 months pregnant, my belly is full of air! That's it I am cutting back on my gum consumption pronto!

And if you think I'm bad check this guy out:
The sound of burping is caused by the vibration of the upper esophageal sphincter[4] as the gas passes through it. The current Guinness world record for the loudest burp is 118.1 dB, set by Paul Hunn from London, England in 2000.[5] (This would be noticeably louder than a chainsaw at a distance of 1 meter.)


Today:
7:45 A.M. (21 minutes)
1oz Lite Cheese
Salmon
1/2 Avocado
1.5 cup cooked Eggplant
.5 Tbs. Peanut Butter
= 3 protein/1 carbs/4 fat

10:00 A.M.
1 cup Coffee w/ Cream

11:15 A.M.
1 piece of Gum

12:10 P.M. (16 minutes)
Salmon
1/2 Avocado
.5 cup cooked Eggplant
1 Peach
.5 Tbs Peanut Butter
=3 protein/1.5 carb/4 fat

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your sisters to start doing heavy squats and pay less attention to their advice.

> It's no wonder I look almost 5 months
> pregnant, my belly is full of air!

Enough with this. My favorite picture from the party was of you holding the strawberry. Learn to accept the fact that you are beautiful. If in doubt, I encourage you to seek Mike's opinion on the matter. Miguel, don't worry. I'm not trying to put the digital moves on your mujer. Body weight and body fat percentages border on being useless numbers. It is obsession over such numbers that drives ordinarily sane people to consider liposuction. The only number worth being concerned about is what you can squat. Or deadlift. Or clean. You get the picture. Burp loudly.

Vanessa K said...

U, my dear, are funny,
Just trying to imagine a burp to rival a chainsaw @1000 m.= DAMN (just been workin' in the East Bay hills too long to imagine that- can hear BART on Grizzly Peak Rd!)
I, too used to be accused of burping too loud. Eating slower helps....that and constant embarassment of having folks looking askance at my version of "letting it all hang out".
BTW: thanks for being a great 6 am coach- I know that is a bit early.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

burping is hot, connie, and so are you! - sierra

Connie Moreno said...

Aww thanks Tomas! I can always count on you to keep it real.

Vee- Glad to hear you too have a loud tummy! People really underestimate us petite women's burping skills.

Connie Moreno said...

Perhaps you can convince my beau of that one Sierra!

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston