Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Attn: Nutrition Heads


Nutrition Data is a useful site for those of you who'd like to, as their slogan says, know what you eat! You simply type in the name of the food and within seconds it spits out all of the nutritional information for that particular food. Oddly, I discovered this website last nite while looking for the nutritional profile of Spaghetti Squash. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of the vegetables featured in any of my Zone books, but I'm not surprised.

Today's Meals:

8:00AM (19 min)
3 Eggs
1 cup Cauliflower, steamed
1 cup Strawberries
1 Nectarine
1 Tbs. Peanut Butter
Green Tea
= 3P/2.25C/5F

12:15PM (9 min)
3 oz Turkey, sliced deli-meat
1 Tangerine
1 cup Spaghetti Squash, baked (salt, pepper & olive oil)
1/2 cup Strawberries
1/2 Tbs. Kalamata Olive Spread
= 3P/2.5C/4F
Status Update: Today marks the end of my 1st week without caffeine, sugar, gluten or dairy:)

3 comments:

steven T said...

a long time ago in a far away place I used to make fake pasta with spaghetti squash, haha. So do tell me again why you time how long it takes you to eat? Is it just for the sole purpose of eating slower or satiation purposes?

Anonymous said...

My mom used to make some badass spaghetti squash. I have not successfully replicated it yet.

So do tell me again why you time how long it takes you to eat?

If done regularly, I think that timing how long it takes you to eat can further erode any enjoyment obtained from consuming food.

Connie Moreno said...

One of my goals is to improve not just what I eat, but also HOW I eat. Timing my meals forces me to slow down so that I can fully enjoy each meal. I find myself feeling much more satisfied, when I take time to savor every bite and it helps my digestion too.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston