Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lunchtime at the office...


My lunch provoked much curiosity around the office today. It doesn't look very appealing because of the color and consistency but it sure is tasty! I got the recipe from one of my instructors at Bauman College but she may have taken it from another source. She calls it Beet & Carrot Slaw and she made it on our first day of class. I don't normally eat raw vegetables, not because I don't like them but simply because I haven't discovered many ways to prepare them. It's a lame excuse and in the future will make more of an effort to find more recipes. After all, I do believe we should enjoy foods in their most natural form. I happened to have A TON of carrots and beets from my dad's garden so I made a bunch of it last nite. And I mean a bunch!

2-3 Beets, peeled
2-3 Carrots, sliced
1-2 Apples, cored & sliced
Pecans
Lemon Juice
Unsweetened grated Coconut
Sea Salt
Olive oil


Its very simple to make, but it can be a bit time consuming (pls don't let that stop you). In a food processor, coarsely chop the first 4 ingredients in the order in which they are listed. Place them into a large bowl as you chop. Add in the lemon juice, coconut, sea salt and oil and mix well. As a nice final touch you can grate some lemon peel on top. Its best served cold.

1 comment:

sierra said...

i love the new quote at the top of your page.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston