Monday, February 4, 2008

Mission: Get Buff

As I mentioned on the previous post, I will begin to make a serious effort to decrease my bodyfat% from 12% to 10%. This seems to be a much healthier body composition and a realistic goal for myself.
According to the bodyfat test results, I need to lose 2.5lbs of fat to reach my ideal bodyfat%. However, my approach requires me to gain 2-3lbs of mucsle, giving me the same desired results.

My Gameplan:
1. Crossfit 2 days/1 day Rippetoe-style strength training
2. Eat 9 block/day + 1 fat block
3. Limit myself to 1 cheat meal/week
[presently @ 1 cheat day/week]
4. Get plenty of sleep

Meals today:
9:30am
3 Eggs
3 cups Mushrooms
2 cups Chard
9 olives
Coffee w/ cream (extra fat)
=3 Blocks+ 1 fat
1:30pm
4 Eggwhites (hard boiled)
.5 Cucumber
1 cup Celery & chives
mustard, salt, pepper
.5 Orange
9 cashews
=2 Blocks + 1 fat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your new goals. i'm with ya. consensus is i can't possibly be at 21%, but i know i can be a lot fitter, so i'm gonna proceed as if that figure was correct.

Anonymous said...

Hola Connie,

You said:

>I will begin to make a serious effort
>to to decrease my bodyfat% from 12%
>to 10%. This seems to be a much
>healthier body composition and a
>realistic goal for myself.

You are already at 12% body fat, which is admirably low. You are well beneath the "healthy" levels indicated for women. Whether or not 10% would be a "much healthier body composition" is debatable. Body fat levels are not directly related to health or athletic performance, although a correlation does exist between the two. As your friend and mine, Mr. Rippetoe, said, lowering your body fat to anywhere below 18% is purely a cosmetic exercise. He was talking about male trainees when he said that, too.

If you want to go for 10%, that is your choice. However, if you want your front squat numbers to go up, you may need to eat more food, not less. Will you put on 2 or 3 pounds of muscle on 9 blocks? Yo no se. I would not place too much emphasis on whether your body fat is at 10% or 12% or 18%. Most women (and men) in this country would love to have 12% body fat.

Heavy metal forever.

Anonymous said...

Connie,

I'm wondering why and on what basis you consider 10% to be a "healthier" body composition for you?

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston