Monday, February 18, 2008

Ode to Journals

I began recording my Crossfit workouts a little over a year ago and have recently discovered a new appreciation for my journal. Aside from being a useful tool for tracking daily wods, it is a constant reminder of the progress I've made and speaks to the power of Crossfit. The crinkled, scribbled on pages of my journal are a testament of my hard work, dedication and love of the sport.

As I flip through the pages of my coveted journal, memories of wods that made me scream and cuss or left me floored in a pool of sweat and tears spring up and I can't help but shake my head and smile. There is a strong sense of accomplishment that I get each time I open up journal and read old entries. These pages provide me with the confidence and motivation to challenge myself further and strive for elite fitness.

Today's Workout @ Crossfit Oakland: Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
65-75-85-95-105-115-115-110-110-100
(loads in Red represent failed attempts)

1 comment:

Mike Minium said...

Way to keep it all in perspective, Conniecita! It's all about the personal progress.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston