Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 1











Before pics taken 11/19

When I ran into my fellow caveboy Max today he wasn't feelin' so hot, but I gotta say that day 1 went pretty smoothly for me. I think this is partly because I didn't just jump right into Paleo cold turkey. Instead, I gradually eliminated non-Paleo foods from my diet in the days leading up to today, making the transition much easier. I must point out however, that Max is being ultra Paleo by not drinking any coffee.
You go boy! I, on the other hand, am not that hard core.

The following is my "Not so Hard Core" version of Paleo:
-Low-fat meat
-Organic Veggies
-Organic Fruit
-Nuts
-Seeds
-Protein Powder (emergencies only)
-Coffee w/ a little cream only
-Olive oil (for cooking only)
-Red Wine (Thanksgiving only @ the request of mi familia)

Foods I gathered & consumed today:
7:45 am
-4 Egg Whites scrambled with mushrooms, bell peppers and tomatoes
-1 small Organic Apple
-olive oil
Approx. 2 Blocks

11:15 am
-(+/-) 3oz Canned Tuna with salt & pepper
-16oz Coffee w/ a splash of cream
-Fruit Salad [cantaloupe, honeydew melon, grapes, pineapple]
Approx. 3 Blocks

3:45 pm
-Organic Raw Food Bar
3 Blocks

7:00 pm
-2 oz sliced Turkey
1 small Organic Apple
2 Blocks (subtracted carbs to accomodate for my post workout meal)

8:30 pm
-4 oz Salmon
-2 Tangerines
-1 cup steamed Brocolli
-1 cup Organic Strawberries
2.5 Blocks (added carbs for a favorable post workout meal)

Total= Approx. 12.5 Blocks (Yikes!)

Workout: Crossfit
-Back Squat 5x5 @ 97#
-Shoulder Press 5x5 @ 53#
-Deadlift 5x5 @ 150#

1 comment:

TbonMisfit said...

According to the actual Paleo book, it doesn't matter how much you eat as long as it falls in the "allowable" categories, and, of course, you moderate your fat intake. Basically, by the laws of physics, this is somewhat nonsense, however, I don't think you need to worry about an extra block or two here and there.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston