Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 9

Today is my 9th day on the Paleo Diet and I just passed the midpoint of my 14 day journey into Paleo territory. Although I've been eating good, nutritious foods, I have been very liberal with my portions, drifting bit out of the zone. This week I will commit to getting my zone ratios back on track.

Paleo foods consumed yesterday:
7:30 am
  • 6 Egg whites with spinach and red cabbage
  • 1 cup raw organic broccoli sprouts
  • 1/2 cup organic strawberries
  • 1 small organic apple
  • 3 tbs Avocado
12:15 pm
  • 3 oz Organic turkey breast (deli meat)
  • 1/4 cantaloupe
  • 1 cup strawberries
  • 1/2 honeydew melon
  • 3 tbs Avocado
4:15 pm
  • 1 Venison Sausage-whole foods brand
  • 1/2 cup grapes
  • 1/2 cup pineapple
  • 8 macadamia nuts(2 extra fat blocks)
8:30 pm
  • 3 oz ground organic Turkey meat
  • Sauteed broccoli, red onion and celery
  • 6 crushed walnuts
Total Blocks= 10+2 fat blocks

Yesterday's Crossfit WOD: Weighted Pull-ups 1x7
Body weight - 2.5- 5 - 7.5 - 10 (pr)- 11 (pr) - 12.5 (pr)
***Last time we did this workout I failed at 8 pounds. Last June I couldn't do a single body weight pull-up.

2 comments:

Mike Minium said...

Way to go, Connie. Awesome progress on the dead-hang pull-ups!

MBL100 said...

Good job Coach.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston