Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clean-riffic!


As usual, I use the Crossfit rest day, the day following the third day of a workout cycle, to work on my lifts. On most days, I strictly follow Mark Rippetoe's 5x5 scheme that he so thoroughly lays out in Starting Strength.

Yesterday was a particularly good day, in that I set a new PR in power cleans: 3/4 my bodyweight for 3 reps! Better yet, this fulfills one of the goals on the CrossFit skills Assessment guide for "Intermediate Athlete/ Level II". I'm super stoked!

Yesterday's workout/ Crossfit Oakland:

5x5 Back squat @ 105lbs. & 3x5 Power Cleans @ 86lbs. (PR)

Today's Meals:
8:30am
2oz Salmon
.5 cup Berry Bliss
4 Tbs fresh salsa (tomato, onion, cilantro)
=2 zone blocks

12:30pm
2oz Roast Beef
.5 Grapefruit
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli
.5 cup Blackberries
2 Tbs. Avocado
=2 zone blocks

3 comments:

Laurent said...

Right on C!

I love cleans. Do you feel like your pr was a result of form or strength development?

Connie Moreno said...

Definately form! After my exposure to Rip's teaching progression my form has improved dramatically allowing me to be more effective under the bar and therefore cable of lifting heavier loads.

SMRTGIRLY said...

Congrats on the PR!! Those 2 block meals you are posting make me hungry... ;)

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston