Thursday, January 17, 2008

Enough's enough!


So after having taken L-Glutamine supplements for about a month now, I think I'm gonna call it quits. The truth is those damn pills make me jolt to the toilet every half an hour, especially before a work out. To my surprise, the research on the side effects of L-Glutamine claimed to be the opposite of what I was experiences. In fact, L-Glutamine was recommended for use in suppressing diarrhea! Crazy!

Although I will continue taking Arginine supplements and fish oil regularly, I am confident that a well balanced diet should produce sufficient levels of glutamine to support muscle recovery/growth without taking additional supplements. Just another reason for me to stick to my coveted 10 zone blocks/day.
Yesterday's Meals:
1) 7:45am
3oz Turkey breast
1 Grapefruit
1 kiwi
3 tbs. Avocado

2) 12:45pm
2.5oz Birria
2 Red bellpeppers
1/2 Salsa
2.5 tbs. Avocado
2 tbs. Hommus

3) 5:30pm
2 Turkey meatballs
1oz Swiss Cheese
1 cup Marinara sauce
1/2 an Apple

4) 9:30pm
Sm. Ceaser Salad
1/3 Builder's bar
Total Zone blocks consumed =10

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston