Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reality Check

Yesterday's wod made me wanna cry and scream at the same time!!! What I meant to say was that it really put things into perspective for me. The wod on the CrossFit site was Front Squat 10x1 the last time I had done this workout was on July 11, 2007-the same day I started the zone.
7/11/07 I worked up to 131 pounds for my final rep

1/7/08 65/75/85/90/90/95/100 (failed)/100 (failed)/ 97 (failed)/97

That is a down a whopping 34 pounds from the previous time! Granted I am about 12 pounds leaner than I was on July 11th, I was still disappointed to see how much my weight loss has effected my squat. Don't get me wrong, I am sooo glad I started zoning and I am much healthier now, but 34 pounds????? Errrrrrr!!!!

9:30am
3 oz Pastrami
1.5 cups Berries w/ Almond meal & Flax seed meal
=3 Blocks

2:00pm
3oz Pastrami
1 Apple
5 Cherries
1.5 cups Steamed Broccoli
3 Tbs Avocado
=3 Blocks

7:00pm
3oz Chicken
2 cups Brussels sprouts
1 cup broccoli
.5 cup grapes
3 Tbs Guacamole
=3 Blocks


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Connie. Perhaps it was a bad day, or perhaps you need some more rest. I'm a big fan of lots of rest. I cannot do the 3 days on/1 day off routine for more than a week or two without taking off an extra day or two along the way.

NonstopExpress said...

Having much recent experience with the effects of sleep deprivation, I agree with Tom. Gotta be that you just weren't rested. That's a huge drop otherwise. Any maybe, as Angela says, you just didn't "get your head right" before the workout.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston