Friday, March 28, 2008

3-2-1 Go!



Thankfully today's hike was not nearly as long as yesterday's!
After walking just 7.5 miles, we got back to the hotel with plenty of time for me to take a quick dip in the pool and come up with a mini-wod for myself.

This was my little creation:
How many rounds in 20 minutes of?
1 L Pull-up (max)
8 Handstand push-ups (target= 2 shoes)
20 Jumps to a Chair
5 rounds + 5 HSPU

I set up my Door Gym in my bathroom doorway and although I can't do kipping pull-ups with it, I can do dead hangs, L- Pull-ups and knee-2-elbows. I'm pretty stoked to have at least 1 L pull-up and am hoping to increase that during my time here. HSPU are perfect for wods on the road, I am definitely a fan. However, the jumps to the chair were kinda tough. I had to land extra softly onto the chair and step down to avoid annoying my downstairs neighbors. I'm gonna have to think of a nice replacement for that one. All in all, it was a pretty good start for my first "hotel room wod".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to be creative with little equipment Connie! I'm gonna have to get me one of them pullup gizmos...in fact, i'll do a CFO post on it for the folks who travel a lot. does it break down pretty easy?

this is nicole o, btw :)

Mike Minium said...

Awesome wod, 'Cita!

How 'bout jumping onto the bed? Too noisy also?

Connie Moreno said...

Thanks guys!

Nicole-Yes, its super easy to put together and take apart, 3 minutes tops!

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston