Sunday, March 30, 2008

Murph at the Inn


Work continued this morning but by 9am a huge storm front came in from Northern Utah, forcing us to call it quits early! Whoohoo!

With a whole afternoon to myself, I decided I would take advantage of the free time to get a good workout in. The drug of choice: Murph. I know, I'm pretty pathetic, but lets not forget, there's a snow blizzard outside and even if there wasn't, I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!

Here's how it went down:
2 Mile run
100 Sit-ups (replaced the pull-ups)

200 push-ups
300 Squats

My time 49:00

I did the 2 mile run in the beginning because the snow was coming down and I just wanted to get it over with before the weather got any worse. FYI, it's really hard to see where your going with snow in your eyeballs!
I threw in the sit-ups because I'm feeling a little burnt out on the dead hangs. It would be nice to be able to do kipping, but I'mma wait to check out the school monkey bars when it not snowing. It was great to see an improvement on my push-ups, not once did I have to break them into doubles or singles.

7:20am
2 Eggs, hard boiled
4 Bacon slices
.5 Jicama
1 cup Celery w/ peanut butter
=3 blocks+2 fat blocks

1:00pm
2oz Cheese, crumbled
6 cups romaine lettuce
1 cup Cherry tomatoes
1 Lemon, squeezed
Olive oil, drizzled
1 spoon-full peanut butter
=2 blocks+ 2 fat blocks

***I think I have an obsession with peanut butter, its just too damn good.

4 comments:

Mike Minium said...

That picture is so awesome. It's the art of a CrossFitter.

Great work on the wod, too. Way to nail those push-ups!

Anonymous said...

You are such a badass! I stil haven't done Murph, and I'm looking forward to it - I think. We miss you, Connie! -Sierra

Anonymous said...

One spoonful of peanut butter does not equal an obsession. :) Enjoy Utah and the near beer. Come back soon.

Anonymous said...

hang in there Connie--you should fram that apple box, it's the proof of good ol fashin hard work!

it's me, nicole o

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston