Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ropes O'Glory

Tamara (my idol) climbing the rope
Alright ya'll I apologize for the lack of attention I've been giving my precious blog these days. I've been a bit busy lately. You see, I turned 25 last week and I've been doing a lotta celebratin'!!!! Ya'll know what I mean.
As much as I would love to continue the partying, its time to get down to business.

I jumped right into it at 6am today along side my fellow Crossfitters, with this nasty one from the National Crossfit site:

"Tommy V" - in memory of yet another fallen soldier
For time:
85 pound Thruster, 21 reps (women's weight)
15 ft Rope Climb, 12 ascents
85 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 9 ascents
85 pound Thruster, 9 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 6 ascents
**Scaled down to 70 pound thrusters
Time 1:01:50
This was a first for me in two respects. First time doing more than 65 pound thrusters. I think I probably could have handled another 5 pounds. Next time. Also, the first time I've ever done that many rope climbs in a workout. I felt like I could have gone faster but then I had to slow down and remind myself that I had to complete 27 ascents!
Overall, it was a great workout and a lovely start to my day! Good work 6am-ers, ya'll were lookin' xtra strong this morning!
8:45am
3 Eggs scrambled w/...
2 cups Cauliflower
.5 cup onions
1 head Bok Choy
3Tbs. Avocado
Large coffee w/cream
=3 zone blocks+1 fat block

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston