Saturday, March 29, 2008

50 Super-Burpees for Time


So, while I was out in the 40mph wind in the middle of nowhereville I was thinking of my fellow crossfitters doing FGB! No fair! Oh how I miss you all!
I promised to go home after work and make up an equally gruelling wod for myself. Naturally, at the end of my 10hour day and 5 mile hike in the sand, I felt like doing nothing more than scarfing down some food and watching some crossfit videos....

By 9:00 pm I'd miraculously mustered up enough energy and motivation to do G.I. Jane: 100 super-burpees for time at 50% volume (50 burpee-pull-ups) in 18:00 minutes.
I couldn't really jump to the bar so I finished each burpee with a jump and then completed the move with a dead-hang pull-up.

7:15am
1 cup Plain Yogurt, non-fat
.25 cantaloupe
6 Bacon slices
=3 blocks+2 fat blocks

1:30pm
1 can Tuna
1 Avocado
1 Red Bell pepper, sliced
1.5 cups strawberries
.5 Jicama
=3 Blocks

5:45pm
1 can Herring fillets
1 grapefruit
27 Almonds
=3 Blocks+ alota fat

9:40pm
.5 oz Cheese
1 cup raw Celery
1 Tbs peanut butter
=.5 Block

Total Blocks today: 9.5+27 fat blocks, approx.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston