Monday, March 24, 2008

Reliable Eyes




I just returned from a fabulous weekend with a bunch of my old college friends. Our annual "Girl's retreat" landed us in breath-taking Yosemite National Park. I had a really nice time catching up with my girlfriends and taking in the spectacular views. A much needed retreat.


Having endured countless drawn-out discussions on food, my friends were fully prepared to accomodate my "special diet" needs while we enjoyed our stay in Yosemite. Being the good friends that they are, they could help giving me grief as they intently watched me prepare my 3 block meals, sans grains of course. The whole no-grains thing didn't go over very smoothly with them either. And I certainly didn't dare bring along my food scale for fear of them labeling me an anorexic and demanding that I seek help for my "eating problem" or something. I know they're just looking out for me and I love them for that. Needless to say, I have gotten really good at eye-balling.

Above is a super helpful key for eyeball measurements when the occasion calls for it.

8am
3oz Chicken Cordon-Bleu
.5 Apple
1.5 cups Squash
1.5 tsp. Organic Peanut Butter
=3 protein/2 carb/5 fat blocks
**I am currently experimenting w/ blocks, tweaking them as needed.

4 comments:

Mike Minium said...

Yeah, that's a nice chart, but apparently you need to have superhuman eyes before you can use the eyeball method.

That chart's tiny!

Mike Minium said...

Ah, much better. My old eyes need all the help they can get.

Cool chart!

Joe P said...

yo, connie. that's a handy chart. i frequently let my diet slide when i travel. You know, excuse #74, "it's just too inconvenient", so this will help. congrats on your 2-year CF anniversary. see ya.

Laurent said...

Nice post C.

I have a feeling you are thinking about floss all the time.

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston