Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Give and Take


On Sunday I did “Angie”

100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

Finished in 37:08
This was a whopping 10 minutes faster than my previous time!
Woo-hoo!

An another note, it took me almost an hour to slogg through “Linda” yesterday, which by the way is my all time favorite Crossfit wod. Its one of those workouts that makes you see stars while you’re doing it and then feeling like a star after you’ve completed it. Okay, so that’s a little cheesy, but you know what I mean.

“Linda”
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:
Deadlifts at 1.5x Body Weight
Bench Press at Body Weight
Cleans at ¾ Body Weight

***Since I cannot yet do all of Linda as Rx’d, this is my modified version of “Linda”:
Deadlifts: 143 pounds (1.29 x Body Weight)
Bench press: 85 pounds (just over ¾ Body Weight)
Cleans: 83.5 pounds (Rx’d)
Finished in 57:30
This was brutal and I truly did slogg through this workout 1 rep at a time. I was about 12 minutes slower than my previous time back in November, but this time I increased my total poundage by 22.5 pounds! Not too bad considering all the extra weight. If I stay on track, I hope to be able to do it as Rx’d by the end of the year! Maybe.

5am
Venti Coffee w/ lots of cream
=2 Fat blocks

8am
3oz Chicken
1 Orange
1 sliver of Chocolate cake (Chocolate is my favorite, what can I say?)
9 Almonds
=3 zone blocks+1 unfavorable carb block

12pm
3oz Tuna Salad w/ mayo
1 Cucumber
¼ cup garbanzo & kidney beans
6 cups Romaine lettuce
9 Almonds
=3 zone blocks+1 fat block


Today's wod: "Filthy 50"
Scheduled to do at 5pm at CFO

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston