Friday, April 25, 2008

Rest Pays off Again!

(photo taken today at Crossfit Oakland)
Today's workout:
From the CrossFit National site: Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps.
My numbers: 105-125-145-160-170
**My previous 1 rep max was 165 pounds!

Yet another PR to illustrate the importance of rest and recovery. Recently, I've really made an effort to listen to body and adequately recovery from hard training. My post Utah training has been focused more on results less on just doing the workouts. If I don't feel 100% I'm not going to push it. And no I won't suck it up!


Oh and for the record, I have not given up peanut butter, nor do I have any intention on doing so, I am simply cutting back.

9AM
1oz Chicken
.5 cups Non-fat, plain yogurt
2 Tbs. Flax seed meal
1 Tangelo
=2 Blocks

12:30PM
3oz Tuna Salad
sm. Green Salad
1.5 cups Strawberries
5 Cashews
=3 Blocks

No comments:

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston