Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gettin' Cozy with Nancy

Today's Workout on the National Site:

"Nancy"

Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
65 pound Overhead squat*, 15 reps

*This is the weight that is prescribed for women. I am not there yet. I used 55 pounds.

U know those workouts that you avoid like the macaroni salad at a BBQ? This one is it for me. There is just something about Nancy that makes me cringe. I guess it's the combination of OHS and all that running. It seriously makes me wanna hurl.

Surprisingly, I think I may have experienced a change of heart. Nancy isn't any nastier than the any other Crossfit ladies. She simply exposes a weakness of mine and I need to get over it. The weakness being Overhead Squats, of course.

Of all the core lifts, I think this one is the most challenging. Unlike the back squat or deadlift, it doesn't completely tax your legs yet its imperative in developing some serious core strength. OHS require an incredible amount of core stability, shoulder flexibility and concentration.

Last Done: 1/19/08 time 22:27/50.5 pounds
Today: 18:27/55 pounds
Major PR!

1 comment:

SMRTGIRLY said...

I'm starting to warm up to Nancy as well... she's not so bad compared to Kelly or Eva T or Angie, or....

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston