Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Duane's "Food" Market


There is definitely truth to the saying, "you never really know what you have till its gone."

Whether its juicy peaches picked right from my parent's trees or colorful organic chard from the local farmer's market, fresh produce has always been at my fingertips. I feel very fortunate for this. And even more so as the days that I am away from it drag on....

There is only one grocery store in Fillmore and it's produce selection is very limited, to say the least. It lacks variety; it consists of a few rows of prepacked salad mixes and those little individual baggies of baby carrots. Since when did lettuce come in plastic vacuum sealed bags? Heavens forbid I utter the "O" word. Mostly I've been sticking to the fruit and veggies that aren't super packaged. Oh and let's not forget peanut butter, that's always a safe bet. Surprisingly, they have Adam's all natural peanut butter....mmm

Guess I won't bother boring you with my meals for the day.

CF Workout of the Day
5 rounds of
30 GHD sit-ups
25 Back Extensions

Hotel Wod: 5 rounds of
30 anchored sit-ups

25 Supermen

Time 11:00

1 comment:

Mike Minium said...

Interesting contrast-and-compare post, 'Cita. Where'd you get that idea?

We're definitely very lucky here in CA, and in the Bay Area in particular.

I tend to take it for granted on the rare occasion that I find myself venturing outside of these parts.

Mmmm...peanut butter!

Your genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger. -Dr. Houston